I use my camera with the mode to save jpeg+raw. If I want to get skim through the pictures I always had twice the work (show jpg, skip raw) and sorting out (delete jpg and delete raw). IrfanView at least allows to skip the raw image with the keyboard shortcut <Ctrl>+2.  Although the deletion process stays burdensome.
A much easier way on Windows for viewing JPG and then deleting JPG+RAW files simultaneously is to use XnView. After installing do the following:
- Open the XnView-config file: %appdata%\XnView\xnview.ini (in my case C:\Users\alex\AppData\Roaming\XnView\xnview.ini).
- In the section [File] add a new line at the end:
This links the .cr2 (raw-File) to the .jpg. So if you delete the jpg it automatically deletes the .cr2. Replace the
cr2with the extension of your raw-file (so eg
neffor Nikon) and save the file.
If you want the effect also in the other direction you have to create another newline:
Companion_01=cr2:jpg. For now you can just leave this, as we will hide the raw files in the next steps.
- Start XnView and open the options (Menu: Tools > Options or via <F12>) and see also screenshots below.
- In General open the tab File Operations tick the checkbox “For Copy/Move/Delete use companion file (.xmp/.thm/.jpg)
- In Browser > File List write the file extension you want to hide (the raw file: in my case cr2) in the last text input and click the OK button.
That is it. Now it should be easier to sort your pictures, as only the jpg-pictures are shown and if you delete it, the raw file automatically gets also deleted.